Helen McNeal, BBA
The Institute for Palliative Medicine at San Diego Hospice
4311 Third Avenue
San Diego, CA, USA 92103-1407
As the Executive Director at The Institute for Palliative Medicine at San Diego Hospice, Helen McNeal oversees all IPM services and activities, and is responsible for ensuring that IPM achieves its financial and organizational objectives. In this role, she provides day-to-day direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department.
- Responsible for all of The Institute for Palliative Medicine (IPM) services and activities including: Research, Professional Education, and Grants Administration.
- Leads all strategic planning for IPM, and prepares all operational plans, budgets and initiatives to ensure achievement of the Strategic Plan as well as meeting annual plan goals and budgets.
- Manages IPM staff to ensure timely provision of exceptional customer service to all students, visitors and researcher.
- Oversees the activities of the Institutional Review Board and its supporting staff.
- Leading the transformation of educational activities to allow for greater reach to local and national communities while maintaining cost-efficiency and optimal patient care provision.
- Serves as a member of the San Diego Hospice and The Institute for Palliative Medicine Administrative Council and Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) Council, as well as various ad-hoc committees and project teams.