The Center for Advanced Learning works with contracted universities to provide internships for Master’s in Social Work (MSW) students. SDHIPM has accredited Social Workers who work as Field Instructors and supervise these interns over a 9 month period.
This rewarding experience allows social work students to learn about hospice and palliative care and grow professionally through individual and group supervision, in-service education, field experience and networking with peers. In addition, it promotes the interdisciplinary approach to patient care in the profession of Social Work.
Social Work Education at the Institute for Palliative Medicine (IPM) has the goal of:
- Affording social work students an opportunity to learn about palliative care
- Facilitating academic and professional growth for social work students through individual and group supervision, inservice education, field work experience and networking
- Promoting the interdisciplinary approach to patient care
- Heightening awareness of palliative care in the profession of Social Work
- Developing leadership and professional support for those in the field of Social Work
- Enhancing and augmenting professional skills and abilities to better serve patients and families
For additional information, please contact Robin Hopler, Education Coordinator at +1 (619) 278-6326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.